Wedington Animal Hospital Maintains a Full In-House Laboratory
When your beloved animal companion is sick, injured or otherwise in some kind of pain or medical distress, you’ll breathe a sigh of relief when you know that the team at Wedington Animal Hospital operates an in-house laboratory and is standing by to help.
Your animal may be refusing to eat and you are not quite sure what the problem is. Or, the pet could be in obvious pain, such as being injured after getting into a fight with another animal or having been hit by a hit-and-run driver. Whatever the medical problem is, our team has the experience and knowledge to quickly make a diagnosis and then create a customized treatment plan just for your pet.
Our facility has a reputation for being the preferred resource for evaluating, diagnosing and treating a range of animal maladies and we welcome the opportunity to treat your pet. In the warm and caring environment of our animal hospital, we take care of each pet as if it were a member of our own family.
Benefits of Going to a Veterinarian in Fayetteville AR With an In-house Lab
At Wedington Animal Hospital, your preferred veterinarian in Fayetteville AR, our in-house laboratory enables us to provide a range of benefits.
It’s best to bring your pet to a hospital with its own lab, since this means test results can be obtained much more quickly, instead of sending them out and having to wait to find out what is wrong with the animal.
- Comprehensive details about the pet’s condition
- Able to provide better critical care and emergency care services with speedier lab results
- If the pet requires pre-anesthetic testing, we’ll have the answer as soon as possible, meaning less of a delay before getting into the operating room
- In-house lab results provide information that the vet will use to decide whether outpatient treatment at home is suitable or if immediate hospitalization is needed
- Test results for senior animals lets our staff quickly learn if they have any previously unseen diseases
- You will save time because there is no waiting for external lab results
- Faster lab results also means pet owners will experience less anxiety
Procedures and Tests That Can be Done Within Our In-house Lab
- Bacterial cultures
- Blood gases
- Blood tests
- Complete blood counts
- Ear cytology
- Fecal examinations (these procedures determine if your pet has tapeworms, roundworms or other parasites)
- Fungal cultures
- Heartworm disease
- Mass cytology
- Pancreatitis test
- Skin cytology
- Skin scrapes
- Stem Cell Therapy (This is a cutting edge method of treatment that we are proud to offer here in Fayetteville. Contact us for details)
- Thyroid panels
- Tick panels
- Viruses testing
- Urine tests
This list of lab tests is by no means complete. If your pet requires a procedure that is not listed here, please contact us to determine what kind of care we can provide.
We understand that health issues can arise in pets at any time. The last thing you would want is to have to wait to have your animal experience a delay in treatment simply because lab results are still pending after being sent to an off-site facility.
Our team will strive to accommodate your pet and your schedule no matter how hectic it might be. Keep in mind that we offer patient forms online so you can fill them out from home or work before you bring your animal companion in for evaluation and treatment.
If your pet requires immediate medical attention, you should know that help for the ailing animal is just a quick phone call away. If you have any questions about our facility or would like to make an appointment, please get in touch with Wedington Animal Hospital by calling us at (479) 444-6600 today.